2 July 2013

Friends at last

Given my dog Varkie's run-in with the bush pigs last month, I have been very wary of him coming in contact with little miss piggy.   Varkie sleeps under my kitchen table at night and whenever I bring piglet out to sit with me at the TV he gets very excited but I won't have him getting excited around us, not knowing what that excitement can escalate to.

Well I finally decided to trust him, with excellent results ...

First meeting

The next pic was of him rolling over to allow her to sniff him all over, but the movement was too much for the picture to be any good...


 Driving him ever closer to his bed...

She then proceeded to the table where his bed is and he quickly took on a defensive position but at no stage did he seem aggressive 
 Is he going to allow her...?

 YES!!!

I am a proud mom.   My dog who I call Varkie (Piggy) and my piglet whom I should call Doggy...(?) 





2 comments:

  1. Someone suggested the names Salt and Pepper. But Varkie knows his name so Pepper will have to do for piglet,

    ReplyDelete